Updates April 2018
The biggest changes this month have to do with long term game flow. Most notably, an new level select system has been built which works much like an overworld map and will be getting various visual improvements over time, including unique graphics and animations to depict levels that can be played. The new system handles unlocks to open stages to players as they play through the game.
In conjunction with the new map is a new system for boss battles, which includes new features to change how creatures behave during these battles to keep things interesting.
- Ending a match now returns players to the map screen instead of character select.
- Level Select Map created with systems for exploration and lock/unlock
- Save system in place for keeping track of map progress
- Exiting pause menu from controls viewer no longer breaks menu
- Hit Point system added to game - Strong enemies now take 3 hits to kill
- Update win condition to support boss stages
- Boss stage first prototype created
- fix for lure script when corresponding pooler not present
- control layout can now be viewed in start menu and in-game menu
- Jellyfish eggpod created
- Jelly critter created
- Moving platforms now move more smoothly and behave better when carrying players
- Adjusted music volume options to more intuitive values
- Players now get heavier when holding lots of gold
- New Music for volcano stage plugged in
- Added credits